|NEW! 100 Day Summer Math Challenge!|
Students entering first grade through eighth grade in 2020-2021 are invited to participate.
We are taking a well-earned break from Study Island this summer. Instead, we will offer a great new math challenge! Students entering first grade through eighth grade in 2020-2021 are invited to participate. We are inviting each St. Joe’s student to complete 100 math challenges in 100 days. Each math challenge has 10 questions. Most of the questions will be a review of important standards for the grade level. Research shows that frequent and spaced out practice is great for learning (Brown, P. C. 2014. Make It Stick).
How to participate:
1) Select a level! In general, students should try the grade level in which they are entering. For instance, if the student is entering 3rd grade in 2020-2021, they should consider using the 3rd-grade level material. If your child has difficulty with math, he or she may want to complete the level for which they just graduated. For instance, a student who just completed fifth grade could complete the fifth-grade level as a review. Students will be recognized for the completion of 100 challenges, not the specific level they completed.
2) Download the attached PDF of the appropriate grade level found in the link below. Your child may print 100 pages and the answer key or you may just view the pages on your computer and answer the questions in a notebook.
3) Your child should complete the worksheets one at a time. If he/she has difficulty with a specific problem, your student can ask a parent or a sibling for help, or search for more information on the internet. After completing a page, correct it immediately using the answer key in the back.
4) All 100 pages are due on Labor Day, September 7, 2020. We do not need to see your child’s work or performance. We will rely on you to keep track of what he/she has completed. On September 8th we will ask parents to verify if their student completed and corrected 100 pages.
5) Students may go at their own pace. If they miss a few days, they will have to do more than one per day to catch up.
6) All students who complete 100 challenges will be invited to a Bakery On Main Donut Party.
This is not required of any student, but we hope to see many kids choose to participate. If you have questions, you may email email@example.com.
St. Joe’s Summer Math Challenge – Google Drive