Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Joseph Catholic School!
A key to our commitment to promoting safe environments in our parishes, Catholic schools and communities is for all persons in positions of trust in regard to minors and vulnerable adults to fulfill the Essential 3 requirements (E3). All employees, as well as any volunteer who has either regular or unsupervised interaction with youth or vulnerable adults, are required to complete the E3 before beginning any volunteer duties, which consists of:
- Reporting Suspected Child Abuse Training Online Module
- Code of Conduct Training and Signing. Yearly requirement with St. Joseph School, 3-year Requirement with Archdiocese. You will sign the St. Joseph School Yearly Code of Conduct at the beginning of the school year.
- Submitting to a background check. If you completed a background check within the previous 3 years at another site, please contact the parish or Catholic School office. Take note a background re-check needs to be completed every three years after the initial background check submission. You will be notified via email from virtus and/or the school office when that has come due.
- Attending a VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children 3-hour live safe environment training. This must be completed within 30 days of beginning employment or volunteer services. If you are a volunteer chaperone going off-site with youth, you must complete prior to going off-site. Once you have attended the training, you will be required to be re-certified every three years by viewing an online video, Keeping the Promise Alive. You will be notified via email when that has come due.
- Complete the 123B – Minnesota Informed Consent Background Check – State Requirement. Complete this form with a wet signature to the school office.
You complete all of the above tasks online at www.virtus.org. Included are instructions on how to complete the steps on the Virtus website.
If you have already attended a VIRTUS session in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis OR in another diocese that uses the VIRTUS program, please do not create a new account. Instead, contact St. Joseph Catholic School and they will coordinate the system. Please do not create a new account as attendance at a VIRTUS session generated an account for you.
Your participation in the Enhanced Essential 3 will make our local Church and School a safer environment for all. Thanks for doing all that you can to protect God’s children, particularly the most vulnerable among us!
Safe Environment Coordinator
St. Joseph Catholic School