St. Joseph provides innovative educational opportunities for children
We believe that a nurturing environment consists of a faith-filled community that shows respect and compassion for themselves and others.
We acknowledge the uniqueness of each child by addressing their spiritual, academic, social/emotional and physical needs.
We celebrate and model the teachings of Christ to create life-long learning.
Christ is our foundation.
2018 Standardized Assessment Testing Results
St. Joseph students have again outperformed other area schools in standardized assessment testing. At St. Joseph we analyze our math and reading results carefully. We are proud of their efforts and the work of our teachers and parents to support their academics.
- 88% of SJ students exceeded that national average in Mathematics.
- 87% of SJ students exceeded the national average in Reading.
- 93% of our students exceed the national average in Science.
- 93% of our 8th grade graduates scored above the 90th percentile in Mathematics.
“While this is only one measure of student success, we know the results are important for our families and staff as we continue to advance our tradition of excellence,” Principal Bruce Richards said.
Award Winning Programs and Celebrating Excellence
- Carver County Readers Choice Awards - Best School 5 years in a row (2014-2018)
- Voted Best Principal (2018)
- Voted Best Teacher (2018)
- Math League
- JP2 Virtue Program
- Preschool - 4 Star Parent Aware Rated and NAEYC Accredited
- 2018 - High School Graduate and SJ Alum - Validictorian (HFCHS)
- 2018 - Five SJ Alum recognized with National Honor Society awards at Waconia High