My name is Jane Brill and I am the new School Social Worker at St. Joseph’s. I am very excited to be a part of your community! I have been a school social worker for over 25 years. Most recently, I worked in the Eden Prairie school district. I am passionate about helping students learn social-emotional life skills so they can reach their full potential. I am married and have two young adult children. When I am not at school I love to go on walks, spend time in nature, and practice yoga.
What does a School Social Worker do?
A school social worker is similar to a school counselor. Some of my duties include:
- Providing individual and group counseling
- Leading social-emotional lessons in classrooms
- Connecting families with community resources
- Consulting with parents/guardians to assist them in meeting their child’s needs
- Consulting with school staff
I am in the building on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Please reach out if you have any questions or if I can help in any way. I look forward to meeting you!
Position: School Social Worker
Phone: 952-442-4500 x218
Staff Category: School Staff