Did you know?
- 90% of students participate in a extra curricular activity
- Our 8th grade boys basketball team won four tournaments in the 2018 season, including the St. Joe’s Classic Tournament.
- Five graduates, all sophomores, played Varsity basketball at Waconia High School this Winter.
- All schedules are posted at the bottom of the page under Related Documents.
- 4th, 5th and 6th grade Basketball Schedules and site locations are posted on the Waconia Area Athletics site > Select Grade Level.
The mission of the athletic program at St. Joseph School is to provide an athletic program where all students have the opportunity to learn, play and have fun while promoting positive self-esteem, sportsmanship and Christian behavior.
SJCS Athletic Program includes the following opportunities for students:
- Basketball – Girls and Boys grades 4 – 8
- Volleyball – Girls grades 4 – 8
- Soccer – Girls and Boys grades K – 6
One of the goals of the SJCS Athletic program is to offer, extend and add to the opportunities available to all students.
The objectives of the SJCS Athletic program are:
- To provide opportunity for athletic competition.
- To be inclusive of all student athletes
- To help students realize that participation in athletics is a privilege with accompanying responsibilities.
- To provide activities that help create and promote school unity through learning, self-discipline, loyalty, team play, pride in the organization, respect of the rights of others, and the will to do one’s best.
- To help student athletes learn habits of health, conditioning and safety.
- To have fun and enjoy sports
The SJCS athletic program is overseen by a volunteer committee made up of parents and parishioners.
Interested in Spirit Wear? Order here!
To register for any current athletics at St. Joseph School, visit the forms site under Current Families > Forms.